Looking for a job? Check out the job opening at angsana education.
English Teacher – Preschool/Primary
About the business
Angsana Education is a provider of language enrichment classes for children aged 6 months to 12 years of age. Angsana Education delivers innovative language learning classes for children and families in the community servicing the diverse cultural and linguistic local demographic of the Hills District.
These programs include an English Enrichment program to enrich and develop children’s English Language proficiency to develop confidence and fluency in the transition to school and the Primary years.
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, and passionate Preschool/Primary English Teacher with strong creative thinking skills to join our team of educators and lead the English Enrichment program. A final year Bachelor of Education (Primary) student, with relevant skills will also be considered. This is a part-time role.
Role and Responsibilities
- Possess excellent competency and experience in teaching English and the ability to include creative art elements in lessons.
- Have the enthusiasm and capability to engage children through teaching and learning activities and experiences appropriate for age groups and stages of development
- Ensure that all lesson plans are prepared and conducted according to the program.
- To possess a passion for teaching young children and to interact with them respectfully and inclusively.
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with children, families and the staff and management of Angsana Education.
- Ability to demonstrate effective teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Have an aptitude for being proactive and acting on guidance/direction
- Possess excellent time management skills and demonstrate the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Preferred understanding of: the National Quality Framework (NQF), the Early Years learning Framework (EYLF) and the NSW Primary English syllabus.
- Willingness to attend outside work hours meetings and community events as needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your own ongoing professional development in primary /early childhood education.
- Demonstrated solid computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office and video conferencing
Benefits and perks
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive team and management
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and deliver effective, engaging, and differentiated learning programs using the NSW Primary Curriculum, and Early Years Learning Framework
- 1-2 years experience in a lead teaching position (preferred)
- Hold a current and valid WWCC
- Hold a current or First Aid Certificate, including CPR, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, (or be willing to complete)
- Have competent computer skills and is familiar with delivering online classes
- Vaccinated applicants preferred (FLU & COVID)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an english teacher?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have professional child care experience?
Interested applicants may send in your resume and cover letter to email@example.com